Info & Communications Technology
Our goal is:To leverage on technology for
- effective teaching and learning to enhance and deepen learning through active participation and discussions
- more customised and targeted monitoring and feedback
- the development of 21st century competencies in the students and staff
- the professional development of teachers through self-reflection
Programme OverviewThe ICT Department oversees 3 subjects, mainly Computer Applications, Elements of Business Skills, the General Music Programme, and the Media Resource Library. The staff and students are supported by an ICT Executive, an ICT Trainer and two Technology Assistants.
Computer Applications (CPA)CPA enables students
- to acquire skills in using a variety of application software and associated computer hardware, to accomplish tasks, develop an awareness of how computing technology is used in the home and society.
Elements of Business Skills (EBS)EBS enables students to develop basic understanding of
- business activities, basic marketing concepts and customer relations skills in the travel and tourism, hospitality and retail industries
General Music Programme (GMP)The GMP offered to lower secondary students provides opportunities for students to listen, sing, play and express themselves musically. The objectives of the GMP are:
- to develop an awareness and appreciation of music in local and global cultures
- to develop the ability for creative expression and communication through music
- to provide the basis to develop an informed and life-long involvement in music.
Learning Management SystemThe school subscribes to a Learning Management System where teachers upload their own teaching and learning resources for their students. The portal also has a repository of curriculum-based digital content which students may use for more self-directed learning.
ICT Lessons For Lower Secondary StudentsAll Sec 1 and 2 students will be involved in a subject-based project where they will learn and apply relevant ICT skills to source accurately for information, collaborate online with their peers and present their final product in digital format.
During these lessons, students will also be encouraged to explore, learn, track their own progress using relevant ICT applications to enhance their project work.